UM Allies Training for Students
The Center for Inclusion & Cross Cultural Engagement and Sarah Isom Center for Women & Gender Studies partners to offer UM Allies Training for students, faculty, and staff. More information can be found at Allies at the University of Mississippi. UM Allies training is a 3 hour workshop that will teach students about LGBTQ+ identities, issues that are faced by individuals in these communities, and how to be an effective Ally. The workshop will also cover important terminology and available campus resources.
The CICCE will host Student Allies Training twice each semester and upon request. The student training is specifically designed for undergraduates. As a result of participation, students will be able to:
1) Articulate the role of an ally and the purpose of the program.
2) Identify campus resources for members of our LGBTQ+ community and their allies.
3) Apply basic terms and information about the LGBTQ+ community.
4) Report incidents of harassment or discrimination.
5) Implement strategies to help create a supportive and welcoming campus environment for faculty, staff and students.
UM Allies Training for Students will be held on the following dates:
- September 25, 2016 : 3:00 PM-6:00 PM (Union Catalpa Room)
- October 26, 2016 : 4:00 PM-7:00 PM (Union Catalpa Room)
Registration will close 2 days prior to the start date. To register, please complete the UM Allies Registration Form.
The CICCE is also happy to coordinate training sessions for student organizations, residence halls, and other student groups. To request a training for your group, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 weeks in advance.